The fun of making it and eating it too!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Imperia Pasta Maker


Well, another tool (Said: Toy) for my kitchen: An Imperia Pasta Maker from Williams Sonoma. I love this little bugger! Yes, I could have gotten the fancy one that attached onto my KitchenAid stand mixer, but there was just no way in hell I was paying twice the price for the same thing. I already paid for the motor, why should I get nailed again? I like doing it by hand anyway, so that I can control the speed. I have fond memories of this pasta maker as my dad used to have one.

Anyways, making pasta isn't hard. ESPECIALLY if you have a KitchenAid or a Cuisinart. It's almost too easy. For a simple recipe, you can use 2 cups of all-purpose flour, a tablespoon of salt and three eggs. It doesn't get any simpler than that, really. It tastes SO much better than the store-bought stuff. Making sauce isn't much harder. Anyways, if you're interested in pasta, these little machines cost a whopping $69.95 and will be your new best friend. You can make lasagna noodles, spaghetti, angel hair and fettuccine.

No comments:

Post a Comment