The fun of making it and eating it too!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Another Farmers Market Entry....

So this weekend, I decided to try a new farmers market since I have been going to one almost exclusively for some time. I gathered up the family this past Saturday and went down to the Little Italy market in San Diego. This market was a really good one and one that I can see Webb Park evolving into. I really liked a number of things that I find are missing elsewhere, but are being worked in as we speak. To begin with, Salt Farm has an AWESOME selection of finishing salts that are to die for. I personally think that salt is a good deal of the flavor in any meal, so to have a selection of salts is exciting (More to come on this subject in a later post...). Another thing I liked at this market is the availability of great meats. Insane! I'm very much looking forward to Claire getting Webb Park a meat vendor.

On to the newer Webb Park Certified Farmers Market...

For another change, Webb has moved to Sundays. I think that it's for their own good, seeing how quickly they are growing. They have brought in more vendors of ALL types. They have also brought in a couple of bounce houses for the kids, which is really nice. There is a lot more as far as the food court is concerned. There are actually two now, which is nice because it frees some space up to sit back and relax. I am still very partial to Slow Cal BBQ who makes the most awesome pulled pork and sausage sandwich that is absolutely to die for. If you hit this market up, it is 100% worth the money, if not more. Plus Mel is a Raiders fan and all around great guy.

Rumor also has it that Poppas Fresh Fish is going to make their way to the Sunday market to fill your fish, shellfish and civeche needs. If you haven't had any of Mark's goodies, I highly recommend it. Another newer vendor is Olive Hill Company who sells some salts, different oils and a ton of different honeys. This guy knows his stuff about honey. Absolutely insane. Definitely check them out and say hi.

It was a wonderful weekend for hitting up the farmers markets here in San Diego. If you have the time, I recommend either of the markets. They are both awesome, have great vendors and great managers behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment