The fun of making it and eating it too!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Enchilada Sauce

So I was playing around with some ideas for a nice little sauce to add to my mashed potatoes instead of just sour cream. I came up with this idea, which tastes great with mashed potatoes, that would be a great enchilada sauce.

1 8oz container of sour cream
2 Avacados
2 Roma tomatoes
1 Serrano chilli (More if you like it hotter.)
1-2 Cloves of garlic to taste
1.5 Tablespoons of lemon juice
3 Tablespoons of Chives
Salt and pepper to taste.

I use my Cuisinart food processor to make this easier, but you can do it how you please. A blender will get the job done, too. I drop in the garlic and chilli pepper and let the processor break them down finely. I then add sour cream, avocados, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper and let it turn into a nice saucy texture. After ensuring that the heat and salt & pepper levels are to your liking, add in the pre-cut chives and pulse the processor a few times to mix them in but avoid breaking them down too far.

You could add some corn in or cilantro also if you like that, but I like keeping this a bit more simple. Enjoy this easy recipe and let me know if you tweak it in any creative ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment